WHAT WE DO
YARPTI through various initiative is contributing to the protection and welfare of children and young people in Nigeria:
HUMAN RIGHTS REPORT/INVESTIGATION
- Reporting human rights condition in Nigeria
- Investigating and exposing the facts, whenever and wherever abuses happen.
FREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE
- Providing free legal assistance and advice to the needy and to victims of human rights violation.
- Influencing policy formation by government.
- Examine and take position on fundamental issues of the day –educational, social, economic and political
BUILD A CLASSROOM PROGRAMME
- Building and equipping classrooms in Nigerian rural communities . Our aim is to create a higher standard of early child education in rural areas of Nigeria
BACK TO SCHOOL PROGRAMME
- Providing tuition/fees and scholastic materials (pens, exercise books, math sets, school uniforms) to children yearly mainly in primary and secondary schools. Our desire is that school age children, go to school and complete their education.
HEALTH CARE SUPPORT
- Visiting hospitals regularly to pay hospital bills for young people
- Giving out free basic diagnostics equipment’s like blood pressure checks, sugar check among others to prevent health challenges and preventable death due to lack of diagnostics..
- Distributing mosquito nets and drugs to rural communities.
- Providing information on HIV/AIDS prevention and control
- Providing funds for training of eye care professionals and management personnel.
- Upgrade the infrastructure of existing eye care systems.
- Improve access to education and training for blind and low vision persons.
- Increase public awareness of the importance of eye health
CARING FOR THE VULNERABLE
- Visiting orphanage homes, disable people’s homes to donate food, clothes and money
FEEDING THE HUNGRY PROGRAMME
- Visiting prisons, centers for Internally displaced persons (IDP) to donate food, clothes and money
A HOME FOR THE POOR INITIATIVE
- Building safe and secure new homes for poor persons, provide cement for new home foundations, and install windows and other furnishings that help make a house into a home
COMMUNITY WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Educating and empowering rural community women yearly to effectively respond to the needs of their families through skill training in income generating activities .
COMMUNITY YOUTHS EMPOWERMENT
- Empowering rural community youths by providing skills for them yearly via skill training
RURAL COMMUNITY WATER PROJECTS
- Providing safe and clean pipe born water for rural communities
MENTAL HEALTH INITIATIVE
- Sponsoring treatment of children and young people with intellectual and/or psychosocial disabilities and promote their social inclusion .
- Seeking the development of government policies that promote the social inclusion of people with disabilities