Last Updated: 15 January 2017
This website (www.yarpti.org) is provided by Youths for Human Rights Protection and Transparency Initiative (YARPTI) Nigeria. YARPTI has created this privacy notice to demonstrate our firm commitment to internet privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site. The type and amount of information received depends on how you use the site. We take seriously the privacy of you as the user of this our website and any information we collect from you.
Concerning the Handling of Personal Information:
YARPTI acknowledges the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information, and will adhere to all applicable privacy laws.
We collect data about you when you:
- submit an inquiry or registration form;
- make a donation or sign an online petition;
- participate in some of the online activities we run from time to time;
- subscribe to one of our online services, such as the newsletter or breaking news;
- use this website;
- communicate with us (via e-mail, phone, postal mail, etc.);
- otherwise provide your details to us either online or offline.
Information Collected. The elements of your information that we collect may include:
- first and last name;
- phone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- if you make a donation, payment details such as credit card information (as with other data, credit card information is held in a secure environment and is retained only for as long as is required to process your gift(s));
- website usage data and other related technical information, indicating, for example, your browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, IP address, or the site you clicked from;
- other information you provide to us.
Purpose of Use and Disclosure of Information.
We will collect personal information from you only in a fair, reasonable and lawful manner. We will use such personal information only for the following purposes (unless we have obtained your consent or applicable law requires or permits us to process your information otherwise):
- •providing you with personalized service;
- operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- forwarding petitions you have signed to advocacy targets;
- providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, breaking news, reports etc. and informing you of other relevant YARPTI activities. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to receive such information;
- other marketing purposes where you have consented (if required by applicable law);
- sharing your contact information with our affiliates and third party organizations we feel could be of interest to you, provided you agree to such sharing and such sharing is legal under applicable local law. Please see our Privacy Preferences below if you do not wish to have your information shared in this way;
- sharing the information you provided us with third party service providers who help us to provide our services and operate. Whenever possible, such sharing of information will be subject to an agreement with each such service provider, requiring such service provider to comply with data protection requirements. We use service providers, which may change from time to time, (among others) to: ◦process donations;
◦operate our websites and other IT systems;
◦administer our e-mail lists;
◦offer publications or other products for sale on our site, for which in some cases you may automatically be directed away from our website to our third-party service providers.
◦complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by us by sending your request to email@example.com.. You may choose not to receive newsletters, invitations and other similar correspondence from us, and/or choose not to have us disclose your personal information to organizations for the purpose of contacting you. You may do this whenever you provide us with personal information .You may subscribe or unsubscribe to our mailing lists
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. YARPTI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.